Cosmetic Surgery, Rhinoplasty, Botox, Tummy Tuck, Breast Implant and Augmentation, Hair Transplant, Brow Lift

  • Monday, March 26, 2007

    Is Post-Operative Seroma Slowing Recovery after Tummy Tuck?

    Question: I had a tummy tuck 7 weeks ago. I am having random extreme pain below my incision on my pubic bone. I it feels like someone is holding a hot iron or like a biking wax. I was hospitalised 2 weeks after for having a seroma. That has been drained a few times. I have no swelling or infection. My Dr says it could be the nerves regenerating. Of my friends who have had the surgery no one has experiened this. I am usually vey active and can not exercise. I am getting very discouraged. As soon as I have a good day, 2 bad days come.. is this at all normal?

    Answer: The postoperative complication (seroma) you experienced will necessarily delay the healing of the wound. You can consult your surgeon with further questions about your symptoms.

    For more read Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Risks

    1 comment:

    1. I know this feeling...I had it for a week after removal of 40cc of fluid and it finally went away..thank god..advil was the only thing that helped. I hope it doesn't come back..I'm 4 weeks post of for tummy tuck and lipo. And breast aug. I'm still at 20cc fluid but they won't take it out inless its over that.

      ReplyDelete

    Feel free to post comments on whatever you think about surgery or anything.

    Hair Transplant

    Labiaplasty

    News